ROR Backend Developer
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Desired candidate profile :
● 3+ years’ experience working on large scale applications in ROR
● Familiarity with event-driven, asynchronous I/O frameworks.
● Expertise in any Relational or NoSQL databases.
● Knowledge on any key-value datastore like Redis or Memcached or RabbitMQ
● Experience in developing RESTful/GraphQL APIs and microservices based
● Comfortable with software development best practices: unit tests, code reviews,
continuous integration, deployment, secure and clean code.
● Experience is Linux development environment.
● Knowledge of server/client interactions (e.g. scalability, caching,
Web application performance optimization, etc).
Nice to have
● Domain knowledge in ecommerce
● Experience in any lucene based search engine.
● Contributions to open source repository
● Experience with TDD
● Experience deploying applications to AWS, and with AWS environment and tools
(EC2, Lambda, ESS, API Gateway, CloudFront, S3)
● Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies would be great
● Previous experience in a product company is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Staying up to date on industry standards and best practices
● Work with existing code and maintain tests
● Should have a fanatical focus on performance and code quality metrics
● Work closely with the product team and the engineers to deliver a robust backend
● Strong problem solving, debugging and communication skill
● Develop scalable solutions for complex problems.