Job responsibility :
- Monitor the category price-grid, and come up with quarterly plans in terms of
theme, category, and price gap fillers. This feedback needs to go back to the design
i) You need to give them a guideline on the category and style mix that’s
needed for every collection.
ii) You need to ensure that the final prototypes are
iii) You will also need to make sure all checklists in terms of vendor
guidelines are in place – from quality standards to the pricing that we have
- Conduct consumer and competitor research on a regular basis to come up with
merchandise insights, trends, gaps, and opportunities. This will be done through
online research, market visits, and consumer interactions.
- On the basis of 1 and 2, plan the merchandising calendar. Help the design and
production team prioritise design and development efforts. Make sure that the
merchandising calendar is on track. This requires working with multiple teams –
design and production, vendors, creative, and marketing. You need to be super
organised and have an extra special skill in getting work done from people.
- Consumer testing and price-check and coordination for first bulk order. Before
every collection launch, we call a set of customers to test and preview the designs.
Basis their feedback, we sometimes make design changes / make decisions on
how much to order, etc. Pricing decisions will also be influenced by these
- Complete ownership of collections from final prototype to go live. Every collection
launch also goes through an intensive consumer research process after a few
customers have experienced the jewellery. Feedback has to be given to the
production team in case of quality or wearability alerts before reorder happens
- You also need to ensure that all consumer experience concerns with respect to
product information image, text, functionality, etc. are captured and solved. Some
might require small changes, some could be technical. You need to be able to
articulate and provide a case for the changes that are required, and see them
- Vendor Onboarding and Relationship Management: While day-to-day vendor
management is done by the Jaipur team, you will still need to work closely with each
vendor (sometimes through the Jaipur team) to make sure that things are on track.
Vendor Onboarding will also be managed by you.
- Buying: You will be managing the first selection, order, negotiation and vendor
management for the first lot of all import and domestic buying. Site Merchandising & Visual Merchandising: You will co-own one of these
responsibilities to ensure that the right designs are being showcased, and that
they are properly displayed.
- Extra initiatives: This will be as per the business requirement and your own
Warning: We work hard as a team. We welcome people who are self-driven and hungry
to learn and do more. This role is highly execution driven and it is an independent
Liked the role so far, see if you have what it takes to do well in this role:
1. You have a background in design management, preferably with a jewellery or
accessory merchandise background.
2. You can’t “not stop” when walking past or browsing beautiful jewellery.
3. You have a good balance of aesthetic and business aptitude.
4. You are a problem solver, a hustler by nature!
5. You are highly organised – ticking off items from your to-do list gives you a kick.
6. You are a people person – you can get your work done from anyone.
7. You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
8. You are a go-getter, always up for new challenges.
9. You are fair and open in your dealings with people.